Monday, August 12, 2013

Win-Win Situations: WriteOnCon and Tree of Life

Conferences can be expensive. There's the cost to register, then the possible extra for pitch sessions with agents, then the airfare, hotel stays, food and the occasional sip of "spirits" to relax and wind down.

Yes...the cost for conferences can rip at your wallet like a hungry wolverine.

This is where WriteOnCon (August 13 - 14, 2013) differs. It is an online writing conference that costs you the time to invest in live sessions, forum goings-ons or follow-up on forums so you can stay in the know. You can attend in the comfort of your jammies with your fave cup of whatever at your side. Plus, your wallet will thank you.

Check it out here and prepare to learn so much more :-)

And...

Writing is completed, all excerpts posted for your perusal. You can read any piece for The Tree of Life collaboration or the saga in it's entirety. You can also participate in the next stage of The Tree of Life wonderment. You can vote for your favorite excerpt or, if you've commented, be in the running for a random selection to win a great prize as well.  Go read, vote or up your chances to win here.

Sometimes, a win-win situation is hard to find. WriteOnCon and The Tree of Life are two rarities. What are some other win-win situations you can think of?

16 comments:

  1. Winning Amazon Gift Card Giveaways? Anyway thanks for sharing Angela, the financially challenged will especially love these. Meaning me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a definite win-win, Sheena-Kay :-)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, WriteOnCon is awesome being free and with so many great agents and authors participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Sheena;s comment. If its free, I'll take two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Take two, huh? That's what I'm talking about :-)

      Delete
  4. The Tree of Life project was really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Tree of Life project. So many talented writers. I will have to go check out WriteOnCon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love online conferences. There are several now and they get better every year. I think Coyote Con is coming up and so is the one from Muse It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The online conferences are great. Last year I participated in the WANA conference, and I hope they will have one again this year.

    I would love to be part of the next segments of The Tree of Life, so I'm off to check out the information in the link (and vote too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love WriteOnCon! I posted my query and first 250 there and have been getting such great feedback so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. write on con is awesome!
    and the tree of life was beautiful! love how everyone made it flow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a lot of fun to work on The Tree of Life, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like online conferences too. I always learn stuff. The Savvy conference is this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm, when you say hungry wolverine, I'm sooo not picturing the critter. ;) Yay for the Tree of Life being finished! And I'm a huge fan of WriteOnCon!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.