Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Calling From the Great Beyond

Here are today's blog stops:
*cue spooky owl hoots, ghost moans and rattling of chains*
Today's the day my friends of fright, tricks and creepy treats. It is the day for our participants to write a post about a famous deceased author or celebrity they'd like to contact:

For example: I would like to have a moment to sit down and talk with Mary Shelley. I'd like to hear straight from her lips, though they may be ridiculously decayed, what her inspiration was for writing Frankenstein. There are so many shallow and deeper levels of interpretation regarding the man creating his monster in such a mad scientist way...and then the treatment of the monster afterwards. I'm rather curious.

To read who others would like to conjure up from the land of the dead, hop around. And don't forget to comment. There be prizes :-)

16 comments:

  1. That would be a great author to chat with! Of course, I'd have to go with Jane Austen. LUV her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the nightmares that poor woman must've had to conjure something like this. You might need something stronger than tea when you hold that conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, good choice. What an imagination she had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Angela,

    Delighted to note your blog tour is rolling on. And now...one moment please.....Arrgghhhhhh...blog hops, blogfests! Make them STOP! Phew, sorry about that! :)

    I wonder if Mary Shelley could return long enough to adjust the bolts on my alleged human, Gary's, neck....

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be an interesting conversation, Angela. So many from that time wrote horror with an underlying social commentary.

    Sia McKye Over Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting choice Angela. Frankenstein is definitely a horror classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Angela,

    That is an interesting choice…. What WAS she thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  8. She'd be most fascinating to meet. She started sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, she would be a great one to contact! Had a blast with this hop. Thx for helping host. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, fantastic choice. I'd like to meet her too. Or Lovecraft or Poe, but hopefully not so insane after death!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo! excellent choice for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice, I just want to know when we get the results for all these interviews. Come on, someones got the gift - curious minds want to know! LOL

    Trick or Treat and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, goood choice. I'd go for Aleistar Crowley - if you want your mind seriously disarranged. I've been reading him for some necessary research and I always finish feeling soiled

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.