Monday, October 28, 2013

Catching Up

Hey my bloggy peeps!

It's been a very busy month, from releasing They All Fall Down, IRC then to all the wonderful books released and covers shared.

As some of you recall, I reached out to and am pleased to have Xpresso Tours organize a tour for They All Fall Down. Gwen and I had a blast with the blog blitz we did earlier in the month so I'm glad to have They All Fall Down making the rounds to additional blog stops. Here is where the book will be today:
October 28th
-Booky Thoughts and Me
-Escape Into A Book
-Not Everyone’s Mama 
-purpinkrosesbookcorner

And as for IRC (Indie Romance Convention), I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had, well, all us authors and readers rather.

Here is the basket I put together for an auction we did. It has swag, tiger lilies and Twizzler bites (if you read Neverlove, you may know what those two come from), and I was blessed with additional books by other YA romance authors to stuff into the basket.
I participated on the Let's Talk About Sex panel with a variety of talented authors.
Sitting: Me (Angela Brown), Kym Grosso, Hallee Bridgman
Standing: Lori Brighton, Annabel Jospeh, Kallypso Masters, Donna McDonald

And I did my first ever book signing :-)
Now, as Halloween nears, don't forget about The Great Beyond fun Tara Tyler, Roland Yeomans, Gwen Gardner and I will have in store. Click here for deets but be on the look out for any possible updates :-)

Speaking of Halloween, what do you have in store? Any plans of creepy decorations, gathering of lots of candy to shovel out to the ghouls and goblins that stop by for a Trick or Treat or maybe a party to have a blast at?

17 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bunny! You might want to pencil in some sleep for November. :)

    Re: Halloween
    We used to go all out on Halloween but now that we live in the boonies, there's no point in decorating since only the owls and coyotes get to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Maria. Sleep is something I will definitely get a little extra of. :-)

      And it's too bad there won't be any trick or treaters making their way out to your place. I bet you and your honey had such great decorations :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun time! I love events with multiple authors. Signing books for readers is cool too, OF COURSE, but the best part of any event is swapping tales with other authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Dianne. It was truly a blast! Can't wait to do it again next year.

      Delete
  3. Yay Angela! That's so awesome you were on a panel and did a book signing. So excited for you! And I've heard of other people liking Xpresso Tours to organize their blog tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being on a panel was both an honor and rather interesting since I've always been on the other side of the table. And Xpresso does a great job with her tours.

      Delete
  4. Now that would be a fun panel!
    Congratulations on your first signing, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun panel and rather enlightening. And thanks, Alex :-)

      Delete
  5. You look SO ADORABLE! It must have been awesome signing those books! (I can tell by your mile-wide smile!) Good for you, Angela, sincerely, good for you! So proud to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thank you, Cathy. That mile-wide smile kept me from getting waaaay to giddy and staying in my seat lol!!

      Delete
  6. Yay! A first signing is always the most exciting. You look great and very professional, too. As to Halloween celebrations around here. . .it's party time. I always have a party on Halloween. This holiday brings out the witch and kid in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lee. And enjoy the Halloween Par-Tay!

      Delete
  7. Wow, looks like the event was a blast. Congrats on your first ever book signing!!! You must be on cloud 9. Not to be silly, but I think everyday should be Halloween. I love all the ghost, goblins, spooky monster stuff! No plans really. I teach yoga on Thursdays, so we'll be doing down dog and tree while the kiddos are out trick or treating. Have fun with Chipmunk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do an extra exalted warrior for me :-)

      Delete
  8. Just look at you at your first ever book signing! Hurray! You look so happy :) What a momentous occasion! Hope it's the first of many! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanna. I hope it's the first of many as well :-)

      Delete
  9. What an awesome time!! I really hope that convention moves around the country a bit so I might actually get a chance to go someday :)

    Congrats on your first book signing!! You look gorgeous.

    Oh, and don't PENCIL in that sleep...use a freakin' Sharpie, LOL

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.