Friday, October 11, 2013

Hijacked by...Craze

My name is Craze, and I live on the Edge, the frontier of the Backworlds. I was raised on a moon of Elstwhere among my people, the Verkinns — a race of genetically modified humans. None of us knows what we were modified for anymore, but my kin are greedy and mercenary. It’s all about status and coin. Until they kicked me out.

My own father did it. Threw a couple of shirts and chips at me and told me to get out. Not just out of the house, but off the planet.

I lucked out when I met the aviarmen, Talos and Lepsi, on the transport over to Elstwhere. Together we traveled the Edge and found a new home on Pardeep Station. For three years, it produced nothing but dust. Fortune called in the guise of our enemy, the Fo’wo’s, and Pardeep has started to boom. I groom it and nurture it. I will see it rise to be the greatest Backworld and make my father sorry.

That used to be my dream. I’m not so sure anymore. This adventure to find Lepsi, who disappeared over two years ago, has changed everything. I know who the Verkinns were engineered to be. I know that humans aren’t the only occupants in the galaxy. What I don’t know is what this means for my future.



Beyond the Edge

Some truths are better left unfound.

For two years Craze’s dear friend, Lepsi, has been missing. The murmurings of a haunted spaceship might be a message and may mean his old pal isn’t dead. The possibility spurs Craze and Captain Talos to travel to uncharted worlds, searching. Out there, in an unfamiliar region of the galaxy beyond the Backworlds, they stumble upon a terrible truth.

Meanwhile, Rainly remains on Pardeep Station as acting planetlord, dealing with the discovery of her lover’s dark and brutal past. Alone and questioning her judgment, her introspection unlocks more than heartache. Latent protocols in her cybernetics activate, forcing her to face a sinister secret of her own.

In the far future, humanity settles the stars, bioengineering its descendents to survive in a harsh universe. This is the fourth book in the science fiction series, The Backworlds. A space opera adventure.

  
M. Pax-- Inspiring the words she writes, she spends her summers as a star guide at Pine Mountain Observatory in stunning Central Oregon where she lives with the Husband Unit and two demanding cats. She writes science fiction and fantasy mostly. You can find out more by visiting her at: Website / FB / Twitter / Goodreads / Pinterest / Wattpad

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mary! Another awesome entry in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Mary's got a great series going with Backworlds and Craze :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Alex and Cherie! Thanks for having me over, Angela. What a beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you here, Mary...along with Craze :-)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the first one I read. I'll have to get this one to see what happened to everyone. Congratulations Mary!

    Sia McKye Over Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Mary has some wild adventure in store for us to read.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to get my hands on a paper copy!! I love the world you've created, Mary, it's meant for the big screen! What actors would play whom I wonder...your thoughts? Hi, Angela! Your cover is still my favorite *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting to see who played who. Cool question. And thank you for the cover love, Sam *blush*

      Delete
  5. 'Get off my planet' ... glad he's not my dad :)
    Great job, Mary!

    Hi, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sheena-kay, Sia, Sam, and Carol. Have an uber shiny weekend :D You, too, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Angela and Mary,

    Mary, I admire your writing talents. I think my son should read this. He keeps telling me to leave my own house and head to Uranus. As for "Lepsi", certainly better than that other extra terrestrial carbon dated, um carbonated drink.

    A good weekend to you both. Thanks for this, Angela.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad as always to have you stop by, Gary :-)

      Delete
  8. Terrific post! I do wonder what the means for Craze's future. Must read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, first of all, I love the character's name! Have to find out what's behind that and I guess the only way to do that is read the book. Second, you impress me a lot with all the books, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously excited for this book and for you, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, I know I've been living in the Dark Ages, but I met M. Pax online the other day...for the first time! Yeah, I know. #slapspalmstocheeks Thrilled for her! She's very, very sweet and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love Craze and can't wait to see what the future has in store for him.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.