Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Too Many Mind, So Little Time. I Sorta Rhymed :-)

It is the first Wednesday of the month. Time for IWSG. For deets on how it works and the list of ubercool blogs to check out, go here.

The Last Samurai has some interesting quotes. One scene involves Tom Cruise's character getting schooled by the cute young samurai telling him he had "too many mind." I don't think it's "minds," well, just roll with me. That is where I see myself, except my too many mind is a mind for an MG story between a boy and his grandpa, a mind for a post-apoc dome style story that's been lingering in my head for nearly two years and getting very loud, a mind for a couple of new adult contemporaries.

Too many mind. Not enough time.

But I'm hoping things will improve in due time to allow for more time to give voice to my too many mind.


Blitzing is still in full effect. Make sure to check out where our clones are headed today:
J. L. Campbell
Meradeth Houston
Angela Orlowski-Peart
JC Martin
Rachel Morgan

AND...

You can't miss out on being a part of a great blog hop. It's called...
From the Great Beyond Blog Hop
Tara, Gwen, Roland and I are ready to celebrate the Halloween Holiday with a Seance
*cue spooky music*
Sign up below, and on October 30 write a post about a famous deceased author or celebrity you'd like to contact in our seance! Why did you choose? And what would you like to say? We will haunt your blogs, reading about your choices, then the spirits will select winners to be announced on October 31. The prizes will be frightfully good, including copies of our books and more! We hope you will join us for a ghostly good time!

12 comments:

  1. I too have 'too many mind' with a long list of YA and an MG W.I.P. in progress. But as I see it that means I have loads of material. Which isn't always bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I have too many stories to write, and not enough time! :) Maybe I can just combine a bunch of them together and make one wild, weird, awesome, story. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have too many, send some my way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Ideas I got, time's what I'm cravin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have too many mind, too, Angela, and sometimes that makes it very hard to just pick one and focus! Especially when the storytelling hits a hard spot... it's so easy to move over to another mind instead of working through the one I'm on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, to have more time! One thing I've learned, though, is that no matter how much time I have, it's never enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto. I have way too many mind, but I buckled down and chose one. It was hard, but we have to do what we have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also the same.
    The hop sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too many mind...love it. And a great way to look at it. Have fun on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've loved seeing your face and name everywhere, Angela! You're an inspiration. So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Signed up for the Great Beyond blog hop. Sounds like fun!

    Oy, do I know about the too many mind, so little time syndrome! Just this morning I came up with yet another novel idea. Gah, if they don't stop plundering my brain, it'll turn into mash soon. But I am proud of myself. Instead of putting my current story aside to open a new file and fleshing out the idea, I've just jotted the idea down in my notebook for later. It'll just have to wait until my WIP is off for critique reads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's my pleasure to host you and Gwen :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.