Monday, November 11, 2013

Let the Games Begin! Huzzah!

Welcome to the first day of the Realms Faire & Joust organized by the fair Lady MPax of realms near and far away.

It's my pleasure to host the Masquerade Parade!
 - "mystery authors" showcase their skills with a snippet of a masquerade moment
 - commenters can guess "who" the parading author is
 - a winner will be randomly plucked from the pool of correct guessers
 - prizes vary by the author so make sure to stop by each day to try for a prize :-)
 - to assist in the guessing, participating authors are listed here...but don't think you can win by process of elimination since "phantom names" will be mixed in with the real entrants :-)

On to the Masquerade Parade!
Credit to gajman @ flickr.com
***Here's our first parader***
Credit to Demi-Brooke @ flickr.com
Mystery was the mask of the ball. Like a dream she was being whisked through the dancing crowd. Her head was light. She heard a deep rough voice ask “Are you o.k.?” 

As she tried focusing on the gentlemen’s face, she replied “Where am I?” His grin was wicked, stirring a deep desire within her. His touch turned softer as his hand caressed through her costumed attire to the back of her waist. He took a step closer toward her making the confused lady step back. “I didn’t know I would have this effect on you?” His grin evolved into a full blown smile.

In a flash - after focusing intently upon his stretched lips which only enhanced his handsome facial features. She remembered now, he had kissed her. Even though he was wearing a darkened mask, she could see his brilliant blue eyes gleaming toward her as she recalled the entire event. 

Eryn felt embarrassed due to the growing warmth that spread through her cheeks. He gently moved his hand to feel the blush, softly touching her skin, down her cheek, and lifted up her chin gazing upon her pearl and onyx mask.  Her green eyes seemed enhanced by the contrast of her auburn hair cascading down. His voice echoed within her “Shall we?” His strength pulled her even tighter toward him and before she knew it they were waltzing along with the crowd.

Today's prize is an ebook by this author and a $20 Amazon gift card.

So Ladies & Gentlemen, place your answer in the comment section below... and happy guessing :-)

For more chances of Realms Faire fun and prize joy, here are the links to other events: Joust ~ Drench-a-Wench/Soak-a-Bloke ~ Stockade Brigade ~ Dueling Bards ~ Phasers ~ Collective Performance ~Castle Jumble ~ Dragon Hunt

12 comments:

  1. Oh, be careful Eryn. He seems like a dastardly evil dude. I have no idea who's behind the mask, so I'm going to guess: Wanda Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea either, but I'm guessing Ellie Garratt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! I have no idea either, but I loved the photo and excerpt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tweeted and shared!

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I don't know! I'll guess Cas Webb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Masquerade Parade has kicked off Huzzah!! :) Eryn seems to be in a different realm herself... almost like a dream... like she's Going off Dreams... she might be in trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! Seems Eryn found a bad boy. I have no idea. I'll guess Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guessing this was written by Melanie Schulz.
    Tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very fun & mysterious! Such a sensuous scene...hmmmm...I'm gonna guess Elizabeth Seckman:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No idea. But I'll say Elizabeth Seckman because I love Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to say Elizabeth Seckman as well. I KNOW she is real.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for participating. Unfortunately, comments beyond this note will not be considered for the prize. Good luck guessers!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.