Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Some Masks Aren't Masks at All

Welcome to the third day of the Realms Faire & Joust organized by the fair Lady MPax of realms near and far away.

Jousting! I, Ghost Knight, prithee visit Lady MPax's blog to cheer the jousters. Here are a few cheers to share:

Ghost Knight and her trusty steed, Atone, come forth from the fog leaving neverlove in the past and victory to bear.
Or
Knowing neverlove shall not keep thee, Ghost Knight, from bearing full strength to the fight upon her trusty steed, Atone.

It's the Masquerade Parade!
 - "mystery authors" showcase their skills with a snippet of a masquerade moment
 - commenters can guess "who" the parading author is
 - a winner will be randomly plucked from the pool of correct guessers
 - prizes vary by the author so make sure to stop by each day to try for a prize :-)
 - to assist in the guessing, participating authors are listed here...but don't think you can win by process of elimination since "phantom names" will be mixed in with the real entrants :-)

On to the Masquerade Parade!
Credit to gajman @ flickr.com
***Here's our fourth parader***
Credit to joshwept @ flickr.com
He slipped into the room, unnoticed by all but me. I knew that was the way he liked it, so I played along and focused my attention back on the man whose hand was too tight and too low on my body.  I shifted slightly, knowing Joel wouldn’t like that. He hardly needed another reason for vengeance on Marcus.

The song ended.

I pulled back to go my way, until I felt a hand on my shoulder.  I didn’t turn to see who it was, I didn’t need to; Marcus’s fierce eyes told me all I needed to know.

Joel was done hiding in the shadows.

Another song played, but I didn’t hear it. Masked dancers swirled around us, but I didn’t see them. Al l I saw was my friend and my boyfriend with only a couple feet of air separating them. I slid myself into that space, but it was only Joel I was looking at.

His fierce eyes softened as they dropped to me. “Why him?”

I didn’t have an answer to that. “He’s my friend Joel- don’t make me choose.”

“You just did,” he said, before turning to walk away. 

Today's prize is an ebook by this author.

So Ladies & Gentlemen, place your answer in the comment section below... and happy guessing :-)

For more chances of Realms Faire fun and prize joy, here are the links to other events: Joust ~ Drench-a-Wench/Soak-a-Bloke ~ Stockade Brigade ~ Dueling Bards ~ Phasers ~ Collective Performance ~Castle Jumble ~ Dragon Hunt

9 comments:

  1. Okay. Can I first say how creepy that image of all the masks is?

    Ooh, this is quite playful. Hmm.... Eek! This is so hard. I'll go with ... Elizabeth S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful scene. Again... I'm going to guess. Melanie Schulz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juicy. I think I know, but will keep my guess to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds so familiar, but I don't know. My guess is Cas Webb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing Cass Webb. Hmm...talk about a jealous and unforgiving boyfriend. Intense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm newly acquainted with the fascinating Joel--I do believe he belongs to Melanie's realm:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fourth parader is Melanie! Go Joel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for participating. Unfortunately, comments beyond this note will not be considered for the prize. Good luck guessers!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.