Friday, January 31, 2014

I Heart Post it Notes

Instead of posting my goals online, I've been using Post it Notes. The pastel colored objects stare me in the face every single day as a reminder of what I need to accomplish before month's end.
And...
They help keep me organized when I have lists to keep up with.

This first month of 2014, I am glad to claim a Win in the goal corner
 - Critique MG story for crit partner - completed before the end of the month (and it's such a cute and adventurous story I truly hope it can go places!)
 - Complete first draft of short story for UR anthology project - completed, now on to revisions *yes, that is a smiling grimace you see on my face lol!!*
 - get paperback of They All Fall Down proof - received and working on making it available
 - Release Confessions of a Sex Fiend: Tasting Cherry - Done and had lots of fun with the Confessions Round Table that was done in part to celebrate it's availability with readers

What are some things you do to help keep you on track with your goals?

13 comments:

  1. My happy for January is my ghostwriting gig that is helping me save for my own computer. Congrats on your goal wins Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing your goals! I need to use Post-It Notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a whole bunch of post-its with pretty florals. Envy me, then get to work on those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea. It gets your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me: I should use Post its more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you're on a roll. Hope you have in wonderful neon shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a very successful January Angela!

    Ref: Post-it notes
    I love the idea of them but I'm always pulling them off my feet, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was a kid, the most popular show in the morning was the Ray Rayner Show. Ray was loved by all and legendary. He use to wear these coveralls with little squares of paper taped all over him and during the show he would pull each one off to tell him what he had to do next.

    In essence, he predated Post It Notes by 30 years! I took my cues from him and thereafter always kept little notes in every pocket of my jeans or shirt--even to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those post it notes are a nice idea. You can just zip them off the wall when you're done with the task!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on all of these big accomplishments, Angela! January went by fast for me, but I'm hoping to get a lot done in February!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I abuse post it notes. (They can't touch you for it) I write addresses or phone numbers or emails on it and always forget to add the relevant names. When I am feeling organised I may open note pad on the desk top and save it as 'To Do'. It will have a list of bullet points for that week. Beyond that I'm hopeless. I have old 'note-pads' with lists outlets/anthologies for short stories and by the time I remember to open it again the deadlines are gone. So good you, Angela for getting things done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, that should be 'good on you'...:)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.