Monday, January 20, 2014

The Rare Moment of Agreement Between Me, Myself and I

There are so many pictures of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Pictures of him speaking, marching, in prison, preaching. But I think I shared this one last year and am doing so again now as it is my favorite: where it seems he was happiest, loving the family he was fighting so hard - with countless others - to bring forward out of second-class citizen treatment based upon the color of one's skin.

Celebrate his life, his legacy and the future of what we can be if we learn to embrace the wonder in our individuality and the beauty in respecting one another. ~ simple thoughts of Me, Myself and I

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you three can get along together! MLK's spirit lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great picture of him. And a wonderful way to remember the more personal side of him. I still remember when he was killed and being glued to the TV crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told by so many people that they remember exactly what they were doing the moment they heard of his death.

      Delete
  3. We don't often get to see photos like that - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he has a day dedicated to him and his cause. And I love the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.