Monday, February 3, 2014

A Different Piece of Me - Music

I've mentioned this a time or two, but not so often, that music is something of interest to me. I'm no expert in any genre. I haven't studied musicians like I used to oh so many years ago. But when I hear something I appreciate, I embrace it.

I did this with Adele, which eventually led to my 2012 A to Z challenge blog opera and self-publishing Neverlove.

I haven't had such a reaction in a while. My Chipmunk shared a group with me that I think is something worth blogging about.

They're called Pentatonix. They were on something called The Sing Off. As I don't pay much attention to reality shows, I guess this was one of those one-off things I missed out on.

This is them (along with someone named Lindsey Stirling) doing a cover of Imagine Dragon's song Radioactive:
Oh, and if you watched the Superbowl last night, Bruno Mars was SPECTACULAR!!! I absolutely loved his combination of old school/new school with some Rock Jumping when Red Hot Chili Peppers got out there. When he closed the show with a song that veterans were dedicating to their loved ones, that really touched me.

What's some music you love or would be willing to share about?

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I agree with Bruno. Great stuff!!!

    Music definitely influences my muse. I listen to all sorts of music. For writing purposes, I tend to listen to something natural or classical. Other than that, I'm a total rock girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Adele and other women musicians like Sarah McLaughlin. I love a wide range of music though including classic rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder what story that song will inspire in you? The manuscript I'm working on now came from a song.
    And Mars did a good halftime show. He's quite the showman. And it was better than the game itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was Cate Masters who introduced me to Adele. Since I don't listen to a lot of contemporary stuff, I have to get recommendations from friends.

    I've been hooked by Adele ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorde's song 'Team' and a classic Celine Dion's 'Love you More'. Music can inspire people in many ways. I'm not a big reality show fan either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bruno Mars was simply awesome. Such a classy performance I liked it. And I had to google the Chili Peppers age. They can really bounce around, I feel a bit pathetic this afternoon...they're older than me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bruno Mars was smooooooth. :) Like he'd performed at every Super Bowl!
    Not a huge fan of his music but have always loved all music, and it's inspired many stories of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did see Bruno last night. He was great. The game. . . not so much. Music is a must all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a great lover of classical music- Mozart, Beethoven, all the greats.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog BTW!

    You have a gorgeous blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! He was absolutely phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tip - I really liked that song, especially the violin. Being of a certain age, I'm not much up on current music. I'd never heard of Bruno Mars before the game, but wow - he was awesome. In general, I'm a classical music fan - Beethoven rocks. But I did hear a song a couple of years ago that just stole my heart - Cold Play's Viva La Vida. Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angela,

    Such a dreamy musical rendition. Music can be the inspiration to writing. I must have been listening to punk rock.

    Yep, you guys got Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. In Canada, at the Grey Cup, they got Justin Bieber. Enough said and yikes.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I listen to the radio a lot since I'm driving all the time, so all that top 40 stuff is always in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I listen to a wide range of music, and rarely know the performer or song title, LOL. About the only genre I don't listen to is rap. I complete agree Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers were the best half-time performance in years! Thanks for introducing me to a new group :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pentatonix is really good. They were on Ellen a while back doing a Beyonce medley. (And Lindsey Stirling is pretty boss as well. You should hear some of her dubstep stuff.)

    I was about to say "Have you heard their Imagine Dragon cover??" but then you linked to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.