Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ghosts of Aquinnah by Julie Flanders

Julie Flanders is a wonderful author. How do I know this? Because I had the pleasure of reading Ghosts of Aquinnah and discovering that her writing and story telling work hand in hand to give readers a wonderful and engaging experience.

Here's the description from Goodreads (ADD TO GOODREADS)
A brilliant flash of light transcends through time.

Another freezes a cloaked figure within a frame of salty mist as waves crash against a rocky shore. Her harrowing expression shadows the beacon to a pinprick.

By the next blaze, she is gone. Only the lighthouse remains.

Hannah’s eyes blink in step with each heartbeat. Images of her deceased parents and Martha’s Vineyard explode like firecrackers inside her mind.

She shakes her head.

For weeks this eerie woman dressed in nineteenth century garb has been haunting my webcam, but tonight she stared into my soul.

Why? ...

Who is she? ...

Casting aside months of research on historic lighthouses, Hannah drives to the coast and boards a ferry.

What is the strange connection she has to this mysterious woman suspended in time?

Hannah finds out.

But, it’s not at all what she expects ...

Hannah unravels a century old murder

Buy from Amazon by clicking here.

My thoughts:
I loved Hannah. She had a certain amount of spunk once she found herself enraptured in discovering more about the ghostly figure from the webcam.

What she discovers in the course of her research was far more than I expected. I enjoyed the ride as I turned each page to see what new thing occurred or befell the characters.

There's love. There's mystery and so much more. I really enjoyed it.

So, how far would you go to bring about love's redemption?

7 comments:

  1. Haven't read Julie's book yet, but I'll get there - although paranormal stuff creeps out cowards like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this, Angela! I'm so happy you enjoyed the book and also so grateful for this spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it. It's a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read it, but it sounds great! I love things with mystery and love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a character with spunk! :D

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.