Wednesday, May 7, 2014

IWSG - Moseying Along


First Wednesday of the month has arrived. For those who don't know, it's the time to share the good, bad and ugly regarding writing, publishing and just plain wishing when it comes to a writer's life. It's a chance to get a few things off your chest, sharing with those who can TRULY understand where you're coming from OR to give a word of encouragement, cheer or good news. Click here for the deets and linky list.

As for me, well, I'm trying to mosey along, you know, do what I can when I can while maintaining some form of life/mom/writer balance, time is rolling on some kind of warp engine. At least, that's what it feels like lol!!

April zoomed by. I took a moment to see if I actually accomplished something. Let's take a look:

 - Publish Bound to Collide under Rayven Godchild pen name: Done, YAY!!!
 - Review MS of Secret Lilies: Completed a full read through.
 - Revise short story for UR project: Done and forwarded for the next round of edits.
 - wonk on ONE WISH ASTRAY revisions (tentatively changing to ONCE UPON A SUMMONS): Hmmmm...I had good intentions...but no.
 - work on getting Confessions of a Sex Fiend boxed set on the roll for publication in May: Of the things that need to get done, I mainly have to work on ensuring I get things uploaded. I am scheduling the release of the boxed set for May 26th.

Well, not exactly a knocked-out-the-park kind of month, but I'm glad to see there are some things that DID get done lol!!

So, Hello, May :-) I guess it's time to see what you have in store, besides May flowers from those April showers.

How are things progressing along for you?

17 comments:

  1. April went by surprisingly fast and you still got some important stuff done. For me, it was also stressful, but I think May will be a more controlled burn. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re: More controlled burn

      I'm hoping the same. So far, so good :-)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you accomplished quite a bit, in spite of trying to balance family/writing/job! Congrats!

    Me, I'm trying to juggle the teaching demands of an extended year (thanks, snow!) with students who have mentally checked out. (I keep pointing to the calendar and showing them we have 7 weeks to go!)

    Plus, there's family -- and it seems like I do a lot of chauffeuring.

    I have a ton of writing committments, and oh yeah, I've been trying to exercise. Which is why I'm covered in horrifyingly purple bruises from a fall off my bike this weekend. Yeah, I was stopped when I fell over. What a clutz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have tons going on. I don't know how you do it, Dianne :-) And I hope those bruises settle down and disappear soon. Nothing like a fall to put a stop to things.

      Delete
  3. I would say you really accomplished a lot in April. Good luck with getting everything ready for the May 26 release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things feel slow right now, but they're rolling along. I'd say you got a lot done, especially since I know you have a lot more in your life besides writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're moving along quite wonderfully. This month has been so stinking confusing for me I couldn't even remember the characters from my first three novels. Then forgot the date of my son's birthday (I set an internet password and told him it was his birthday...but it wasn't, so there is a daily reminder that I din't know what day he was born.)

    But I'm rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won a query critique. You have done quite a bit Angela. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you have a very impressive list of April accomplishments, Angela! Please don't ask to read mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds to me like you accomplished a great deal! Love the Moseying along title. It made me smile - something I sorely needed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds to me like you did a LOT!!! That is a very impressive month! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've been plenty busy and that's just when wearing your writing hat. Keep up the good works. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Angela! You achieved a lot last month!! I'm so impressed with your blog. Looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your April was amazing.

    I feel like things have slowed down for me since I've been doing edits and promoting. I have some neglected drafts I'm dying to return to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The puppy is stealing all of my time. I'm afraid to look at what I've left undone. LOL

    Sounds like your April went really well, though!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.