Monday, June 30, 2014

The Last Day

The last day of the month can mean different things for different people. For me, it's a chance to review my pink Post It note to see what progress I've made on my goals since it's the last day to "get'er done." I've got a few hours yet to claim victory on a few things. I'll just have to do my best, which is all I can honestly ask of anybody else or myself.

Although it's the last day of the month, the Confessions of a Sex Fiend series virtual book tour is still going strong. Now's as good a time as any to check out today's spotlight at BookLover Sue. Make sure to enter the giveaway for custom swag.

When it comes to goals, do you have any rituals for making sure to complete them, whether small ones or large ones?

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Angela,
    Congrats on the tour. Hope it is going well. Have some goals, but nothing much is happening. Had to join a Fb group to get my word count up. That's working out well so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, good to get yourself as part of a group to get things on track. Great for you to recognize the benefit and hop on it.

      Delete
  2. Good for you, Angela! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been working on weekly goals and have hit them all so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. That's what I'm talking about Alex. I'm not quite there but you keep that up!

      Delete
  4. This is the last month I was employed as a teacher.
    I am wrapping my head around that one on this final day of June. Tomorrow, with July, I have to start on a whole new identity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A last day leading to a new start. That's awesome, Dianne!

      Delete
  5. I used to have goals, but life became complicated last year with my mom's illness, so goals went out the window. I may try to reestablish some soon. Congrats on your successful blog tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life happens. It can be a bugger but when you can get back to them, your goals will be there for you to accomplish in your good time.

      Delete
  6. I love your post-it note approach to goals. Keep up the fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, the most valuable step is to do the prep work before I tackle any project.

    If I'm working on a novel, I reread the last few pages the night before, then sleep on it. It puts me in the zone and sleeping on it the night before forces my subconscious to start the work before I ever put fingers to keyboard.

    The same routine works regardless if it's as important as a job interview or as mundane as weeding the garden. If I have all my tools, thoughts, and/or clothes laid out the night before I'm ready to dive in the next day without any distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The covers in your series are really well done, if I can just put my two cents in here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.