Wednesday, July 23, 2014

This DOUBLE NEGATIVE Rocks!

One lesson about grammar is that it isn't proper to use a double negative, like...
I didn't say nothing. (Should be "I didn't say anything." There, now you can't say I ain't ne'er taught ya nothing lol!!!)

However, today, DOUBLE NEGATIVE is rocking out - the new novel by author C. Lee McKenzie


About DOUBLE NEGATIVE

Hutchison Mc Queen is a sixteen-year-old smart kid who screws up regularly. He’s a member of Larkston Highs loser clique, the boy whos on his way to nowhere—unless juvenile hall counts as a destination. He squeaks through classes with his talent for eavesdropping and memorizing what he hears. When that doesnt work, he goes to Fat Nyla, the one some mean girls are out to get and a person whos in on his secret—he can barely read. And then Maggie happens. For twenty-five years shes saved boys from their own bad choices. But she may not have time to save Hutch. Alzheimers disease is steadily stealing her keen mind.

Author: C. Lee McKenzie
Genre: Contemporary/Realistic Fiction
Category: Young Adult
Available: July 25 from Evernight Teen
Pre-order/Order: Click here


And don't you just love her smile? *waving at ya C. Lee!*

You can even be a part of spreading the word about DOUBLE NEGATIVE. Here are some tweets you can share:

Bad grammar. Bad choices. No future, except prison. DOUBLE NEGATIVE @cleemckenzie http://www.evernightteen.com/double-negative-by-c-lee-mckenzie #YA  #YALit @UncommonYA

A new #YA releases today. DOUBLE NEGATIVE by @cleemckenzie. Add it to your goodreads. http://www.evernightteen.com/double-negative-by-c-lee-mckenzie @UncommonYA

“My life’s GoingGoingGone, & I haven’t been laid yet. Can’t go jail before that happens.” Hutch McQueen. DOUBLE NEGATIVE @UncommonYA http://www.evernightteen.com/double-negative-by-c-lee-mckenzie

Going to prison wasn’t part of the escape plan. DOUBLE NEGATIVE by C. Lee McKenzie @UncommonYA @YALit @Y_A_Now http://www.evernightteen.com/double-negative-by-c-lee-mckenzie

And to add to the awesomesauce, there's a giveaway you simply have to enter :-)
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Do you have a common phrase that you know is just all kinds of wrong but it feels right saying it anyway?

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lee!
    Don't think I have a phrase...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to say nothing, Alex. Just stay the ninja you are. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the cover and the premise. Congrats Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your comment, Miranda. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  3. Congrats Lee!
    The cover is great!
    Off to do some tweeting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've really helped in this launch tour. Thanks, Michelle.

      Delete
  4. What a great English grammar lesson! You the best, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Lee! And I love that you provided interesting Twitter blurbs to copy and paste. Great idea! I'll be shooting one off right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela was wonderful to pass those along on her post. Isn't she something?

      Delete
  6. Just love the title (and cover!) of this book. LOL Congrats to CL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi E.J. Glad you like the cover. It's a departure for YA, at least in my mind.

      Delete
  7. Congrats Lee, wow Hutch goes through a lot. I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Lee! A very intense book with a cool cover!

    and Angela thanks for supporting so many fellow authors! like me!
    <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's the best. And she's happy about it. Angela's a great writing friend.

      Delete
  9. Hey Angela,

    I am way too spoiled here. Two lovely ladies, yes your lovely self and the lovely Lee. How lovely, he states.

    Of course, I know nothing. However, I avoid common phrases like the plague. At the end of the day, you know, you know what I'm saying, to be honest, to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what I'm rambling on about.

    Oh yeah, congrats to the celebrity author n'stuff, Lee. She rocks, evidently :)

    Thanks Angela and Lee.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are rocking the blogosphere today, Lee... ALL THE BEST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've helped me with that rocking. Thanks, Michael.

      Delete
  11. Yay for Lee! I don't have any phrases. I say "awesome" a lot, but that's perfectly awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might need a new word one of these days, but awesome does sound wonderful.

      Delete
  12. Go Lee. The book synopsis sounds fantastic! Heading for twitter now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same difference. Things ain't what they used to be. Course, as an ex-Brit now living with a different language, I might spout phrases that sound wrong or completely right to you. More likely you're thinking I'm just waffling = talking drivel... Congratulations, Lee! ~Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I probably say all sorts of wrong things, but I'm better at catching myself these days.

    I'm enjoying Double Negative this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the grammar lesson.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know about a phrase, but I am prone to saying "dudn't". Darn it, Appalachia! LOL

    Congrats, Lee!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.