Friday, September 19, 2014

IRC 2014: What a Blast!!!

Oh was IRC (Indie Romance Convention) 2014 memorable!

There was so much fun to be had and lots of learning. The first two days were writer-focused, especially for those who were aspiring authors. Established authors, like J.M. Madden, Holly Roberts, Sharon Hamilton, Teresa Gabelman, S.E. Smith and more shared their thoughts, ideas and things they did that helped them along the way. Most of it I knew but it's always good to receive affirmation and a few good lucks from those making their way.

~~~But the real fun happened when the author-sponsored events went down.~~~

Here I am getting all tied up at the BDSM showcase. Yeah, taking one for the team lol!!
Then at the Build a Hero event, poor Eve just couldn't get close to Hilde's real thing :-)
There was 1920's fun. Cindy was gorgeous while I went with short, sexy and uber-silly.
For the event Hallee Bridgeman and I sponsored, the Fall into Sweet Romance event (not as Rayven Godchild of course lol!!!) there were sweets, treats and excellent prizes, including a brand new Kindle Fire HD.
The cute part was getting to share love with the mascot Sean the Sheep (I didn't name him lol!!) Here is my favorite pose with Sean, which includes the fabulous Jacqueline Rhoades.
The one that touched my heart is the one where my roommate, a reader who was there to get her fill of books, books and more books, decided that she had to selfie with a particular poster. Check the background and see if you recognize a book cover or two :-)
***I heart Karen Henderson.***
So, I can honestly say that I had a fantastically, wonderful, super-fun time. IRC 2015, I'm looking at you. Just got to see if I can get there lol!!

Have you been to any conventions lately, whether as a reader or an author? How was your experience?

7 comments:

  1. Cool even your blog header made the event. Glad you enjoyed yourself Angela. Looks like loads of fun. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet selfie! Looks like that was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had so much fun. Makes me wonder what was in those drinks.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked like so much fun! Glqd you had a great time and met so many nice people! Thanks for sharing! One of these days I'd really like to make it to a convention.
    Jamie Dement ( LadyJai )
    http:// writebackwards.we3dements.com
    Http:// caringforaveteran.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are having such fun, Angela! Good for you. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun! Would have loved the Roaring 20s bash. Luuurve your outfit! Some day!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.