Wednesday, September 3, 2014

IWSG - Just Keep Swimming

First Wednesday of the month has become a bit of a comfort zone for me. Thanks to Alex Cavanaugh's brainchild, I come at each IWSG post (click here for the details) with an eagerness, whether things feel like they're spiraling out of control or things are setteled in cruise control. That's because it's such a wonderful time to vent, commisserate and/or celebrate. Today...let's all celebrate. Why? Because we are still moving, grooving, writing, formulating plots, dancing with shiney ideas and chasing our dreams.

Perseverance, people, is a we-can-do-this-stick-to-it thing that keeps pressing us forward, no matter the size of the step.

With perseverance, I completed my August 2014 goals:
 - Finish second half of edits for MG story OUAS: Done, and goodness I really like this story
 - Format Secret Lilies for kindle: Available now at Amazon
 - Critiques for online crit group and a special crit for a friend: I'm so ready for my friend to finish work on the story because I really enjoyed it and want to get me copy as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to the next round of crits from my online group.
 - Read and review story for a friend: Made sure to add review to Goodreads and Amazon

I don't get all green across the board all the time, but the rare time it happens is a bit of extra encouragement.

Last, but certainly not least, with perseverence, I participated in NaNoWriMo in the fall of 2011 and started on a story that led to more writing, rewriting, editing, editing some more, subbing and getting rejected a few times (I really enjoy the story as a personal read and almost self-published but something kept telling me to just keep swimming), editing some more then subbing to one place...

to get accepted at Evernight Teen Publishing.

BEACON, my YA dystopian/urban fantasy, will be coming soon to an e-retailer near you. More deets as they come.

So keep trying, and try again. Do what you feel is good for the soul and...just keep swimming.