Friday, November 21, 2014

The Lips Have It and Get Your Beacon On!

So you're probably looking at that post title thinking, "What in tarnation?" (If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, get your mind 3/4ths of the way out of the gutter lol!!!)

Before I get to explaining about lips and whatnot, I have to share something that made me dance around like a little giddy girl. I wonder if that could double as exercise? LOL! Anywho, guess what is available for you to get NOW -
...
..
.
If you guessed my YA urban fantasy dystopian, Beacon, then you are right!

Ripped Ties, 1
When ignorace is bliss, Bliss is power...
Tsunamis reduced the USA into a shell of itself, called The Fold. Surviving humans and vampires joined forces to form The Colony, where registered citizens do as their told. 
They donate blood quarterly and dream of being chosen as Attendees for the Jubilee celebrations, that is, everyone except Macie Breen. With high school graduation near, she’s anxious to ditch the rules in hopes of starting a new life with Thane, an unregistered and also her best friend.  
Her hopes fizzle when Macie is selected as an Attendee, forever registered. Any future with Thane…impossible. Being chosen comes with another unexpected price.  
Truths about The Colony blaze into ashes and lies when she discovers the vampires haven't kept their part of the bargain. Worst still, Macie’s life unravels as her stint in the city of Bliss forces her to face daunting truths about who, and what, she really is.
As it becomes available at more locations, I'll certainly share :-)
Now...about those lips: I had a wonderful experience doing a blog talk radio interview with Berndadette Walsh at Nice Girls Reading Naughty Books. So THAT is why the lips have it. You get to hear me speak, probably very nervously - hopefully no major stutters or ungodly number of "Uh's".

Benadette is an obvious pro at this. She navigated the interview so well I actually felt like I was sitting down having a conversation with a girlfriend discussing books.

Click here to download the interview.
Click here to LIKE Nice Girls Reading Naughty Books because she has some great information about sales she's running, announcements about upcoming events/book releases from authors she's interviewed and a chance to check out the various authors that have shared interview time with her.

After this interview, I feel ready to take this weekend by storm, or at least do something that slightly resembles that lol!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Woo-hoo! Hope you're getting a chance to celebrate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy book birthday!!! *throws confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Angela! And that's awesome about the radio interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear your interview. And the story synop for Beacon sound cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take the weekend by storm! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the release of BEACON! So exciting! And can't wait to hear the interview. I'm sure you're amazing! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much everyone! It always feels surreal when a book goes out into the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy book birthday! ♡
    Jamie Dement ( LadyJai )
    http://caringforaveteran.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your opening tag line. Not only does it get my attention, but it makes me think. Hmm... Congrats, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the book is doing well, Angela. Sounds like you had a ball with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you do that funky dance girl! wait, can I youtube it??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new release!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.