Monday, December 29, 2014

Something New

As you may recall, I mentioned I was interesed in doing some book cover changes in one of my last posts. Now, here's the deal, I LOVE my current book covers Heather McCorkle did for me for Neverlove and They All Fall Down of the Shadow Jumpers trilogy.
Yet, as lovely as they are, they do not let readers know these titles are part of a series or trilogy, so a change was in order. But in what way could I honor the symbolism and beauty in both covers? After I reviewed what the series was about as a whole, then did a deep dive into ThinkStock photos for some inspiration, I stumbled upon something that lit a fire under me. I turned to Heather McCorkle to bring these new covers to life as she was the designer of the originals. Here are the new covers to Neverlove and They All Fall Down of the Shadow Jumpers trilogy...
Duty or love...there can be only one.
A love worth fighting for...
To ensure book 3 is in aligntment, Heather and I have gathered a great photo that I hope rounds the book covers out nicely.

As I mentioned in my post about this coming change, change can be scary. As much as I am excited, I'm a tad afraid the covers may not be received well, despite my personal opinion that they honor the original covers justly through their fiery symbolism.

So here I am opening this up to you, my blog buddies, readers, friends and all :-)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely and striking! Great job Angela and Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this will be great for giving you more branding power. It's kind of reminiscent of The Hunger Games books and that can help too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful compliment. Thanks, Maria :-)

      Delete
  3. I like them! Very different and makes you want to open the books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL your covers, Angela! I'm excited for 2015 for you… you're always doing amazing things. Thanks for being such a light and example. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH, Ang...total love! You and Heather have done an amazing job capturing the feel of the series. Gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the new covers. I thought the old ones were great too but these are perfect for a series. Well done to both you and Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they look terrific! Way to go Angela! (and Heather :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean. The new ones tell at a glance that they are from the same series. Still, I think that guy from Shadow Jumpers is hhhoooootttt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new covers! Exciting.

    Beautiful work ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.