Monday, February 16, 2015

Pete Riley and The Great Timelock Disaster

AMAZON
(Pssst! Hey, I've got a special visitor today. It's Pete Riley from C. Lee McKenzie's latest AWESOME release and follow up to Alligator's Overhead.)

About The Great Timelock Disaster
There's nothing’s more dangerous than a wizard-in-training. And Pete Riley has just proven it. He's worked a bad time spell--a very bad time spell.

No YouTube, no smoothies, no Manga. Not ever again. Not unless Pete figures out how to reverse his spell and free Weasel and him from Victorian England. 

He has until the next full moon. Only a few days.

Tick. Tock.

(And here's Pete to dish on a few things he likes. Take it away!)
Five Things I Like

Manga for sure.

Slurpees. Absolutely, especially Blue Woo Hoo Vanilla, but that’s because my author fancy’s those.  

Mongoose Mutant Boy’s Bikes. I'm lobbying Aunt Lizzie for that at Christmas 2015.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Serpent Hunt! I've got to see this again and again and again. Great reason for returning to 2015 from the 1800’s, right?

My favorite blue and white striped PJ’s, but do not tell. Weasel will never let me live that down.

(Thanks, Pete. Now C. Lee's got a special announcement.) To celebrate the launch of The Great Time Lock Disaster I'm giving 20 eBooks away. Hope you'll jump in to the copter and go for a ride!


Usually, C. Lee takes on modern issues that today's teens face in their daily lives. Her first young adult novel, Sliding on the Edge, which dealt with cutting and suicide was published in 2009. Her second, titled The Princess of Las Pulgas, dealing with a family who loses everything and must rebuild their lives came out in 2010. Double Negative (2014) was her third young adult novel. Researching it turned her into a literacy advocate. Her fourth YA, Sudden Secrets came out in December 2014. 



When she really wants to have FUN, she writes middle grade books. Alligators Overhead and The Great Time Lock Disaster are now available.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool book! Tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled for C.Lee! Loved the first book. I hadn't realized she was releasing a second book. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I realized it either. It kind of snuck up on me.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to Lee on her new book! This sounds like a fun story, especially after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on another book, Lee! And don't want Pete to miss out on Slurpees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially the Blue Woo Hoo Vanilla ones.

      Delete
  5. Yay for C.Lee Mckenzie! As one of our A to Z co-hosts I'm rooting extra hard for her success!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee. Love being a host this year. I'm meeting a lot of people.

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much, Angela! Loved your 5 Favs for Pete idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your book release Lee! On my way to check it out right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. It has been a trek with this book.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. He's also a rascal of the first order. But I love rascals. :-)

      Delete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.