Monday, March 16, 2015

Finding Thor by Kai Strand

I had a chance to read and review a really great novel titled Finding Thor by the clever and always awesome Kai Strand (click HERE to learn more about Kai and her available titles).

Here's what the story is about:
Tragedy has left Cara Cassidy broken and the only thing keeping her from giving in completely is her guilt. Until Nik Rock.

Nik stirs up feelings in degrees she has never experienced, and causes her to do things that most assuredly give him the wrong impression – like kiss him before their first date. Somehow, he breaks down the walls around her emotions until she has no choice but to forgive herself and feel again.

But a mysterious, troubled past follows Nik, and Cara may prove to be his weakest link.

When a royal princess shows up looking for Nik, and an international gang arrives looking for missing jewels, Cara lands in mortal danger. Will she be able to save herself? What will happen to her newly repaired psyche if she loses Nik?

Romance, mystery, and high stakes – just another day in high school.

My thoughts:
*Finding Thor is a heartfelt romance with elements of action and suspense woven through the pages.

The sparks that fly between Cara and Nik sizzle off the pages. I was captivated by Nik's veil of stoicism and Cara's personal battle dealing with a bucketload of emotional damage already festering in her life. The two combine to make for one rollercoaster ride of romance. As if that isn't enough, there are secrets threatening to tear them apart and it's their very lives at stake when all hell runs wild.

If you're looking for cute and cuddly, this may not be the story for you. Cara and Nik go through some things. But if you can appreciate a romance that grips you by the collar and doesn't let you go until the end, then you'll enjoy Strand's Finding Thor.*

So, anybody up for a dose of intrigue, romance and drama? Here are the links to get your copy -
Amazon
B&N

Have you read Finding Thor? If so, what are your thoughts? Perhaps interested?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to Kai on her new book. It sounds good. And glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly don't need cute and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kai! That cover is so pretty. I love the colors and the heart-shaped rope. :)

    Great review, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not cute and cuddly? My kind of story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a riveting read! Thanks for sharing, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Kai! This sounds like my type of read. I really like that title too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read "royal pricesss" and "international gang" described the same book, that sure enough let me know this story is far from cute and cuddly. I'm not mad at Kai for stirring up romance and mystery at a high school this way. I know it's like that sometimes and makes for a crazy story.

    You know as the saying goes....

    Sometimes ish goes down when there are missing treasures on the elevator! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great review on Finding Thor, Angela. I appreciate your time and attention on my book.

    Nicole, I've never heard that saying before. That's awesome! Thanks everybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kai, that's because it was made up based on my reading this blog post and channeling a line in Beyonce's "Flawless" Remix featuring Nicki Minaj. I thought Angela might get a good laugh at the joke ;)

      Delete
  9. Nice review Angela. I don't usually go for the middle grade-young adult but this sounds intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.