Wednesday, March 4, 2015

IWSG - Here, There Be Words

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. Be sure to link to this page and display the badge in your post.

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG

Alex's awesome co-hosts for the March 4 posting of the IWSG will be Chemist Ken,Suzanne Sapseed, and Shannon Lawrence!

So, what could I mean about here, there be words...
Well, as some of you are aware, I've had to do some serious readjusting of my writing and life goals. For some time now, I was hoping, praying, wishing, and dreaming that my writing goals and life goals would align like the planets so that I could accomplish my life goal of establishing financial security through my writing taking an uptick in sales.

This hasn't happned.
In fact, it may be possible that the opposite is happening. I don't know. And although I DO care, I have priorities to address and have accepted that a far more vigorous exercise in non-futility would have to take place, hence, why there are characters and words and stories and new ideas crashing about in my head... with no place to land at this time since I'm in need of a real second job, temporary, thankfully, with a real minimum wage pay to supplement my current income. This has meant a bit of sleep deprivation and writing deprivation but...

Here, there be words.
This is not a pause by desire. It is a pause out of necessity. Getting ahead of the curve ball is so much better than having it cold-cock you on the side of the head blind-side syle. The characters have acknowledged my brief need to change things up and have stayed. I think Chaos the pearl dragon might actually be crocheting a scarf for me in the corner. His dragon rider is busy working through his talent. 

The task at hand is not as I planned, but being an author is etched into my DNA. So, here there be words, and when the chance comes... there will be more stories.

Hare are things in your neck of the woods?

33 comments:

  1. Yes, you need to do what you have to do. I don't have time to write right now either because I'm learning a new job. It's getting frustrating how I feel always so busy and too busy to write unless I give up relaxing some at night, which I need right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can truly, TRULY, understand your frustration. But with changes come new lessons learned and ways to progress forward, at least that's what I remind myself when those moments of frustrations need to be reined in :-)

      Delete
  2. "let there be words" love that phrase and how you explain it. When writing is in one's DNA, it WILL happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frustration is there, but so is my determination to keep writing.

      Delete
  3. It's so frustrating having to actually work at a regular job. It feels like such an interference. I'm sorry you have to get an extra job; that stinks. I hope you find something interesting, maybe something that will spark those words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the extra job will only be for a short time and I'll be glad to get back to wiring more.

      Delete
  4. I think it is very wise of you to get ahead of the issue and not let it become a game of catch-up. So many people do not think ahead like that. The words will always be there, and as Marcy suggested, maybe you will find a job that sparks a new story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much fodder everywhere :-)

      Delete
  5. Yaarrgghhh! I was hoping there be piratey talk here.

    I'm currently off work (and not complaining) so it's easy to write. I know the feeling though of balancing a job with writing. You do what you have to do and keep plugging along. The end will come. For the book, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! No pirate talk today, Stephen. But I hope you enjoy the time off and get as much writing in as you can.

      Delete
    2. Lol! No pirate talk today, Stephen. But I hope you enjoy the time off and get as much writing in as you can.

      Delete
  6. I know how that goes. Hope you catch up on whatever you're trying to pay off or for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, starting early has me on the right path to getting things situated.

      Delete
  7. Balancing a job and writing can be tough. I hope things work out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are incidences where writing must take a backseat. Good luck with your other job, and I'm sure you'll find some time to squeeze writing back in once you get adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better get to the writing soon. I'm pretty sure the characters won't leave, but rather taunt me until I write again lol!

      Delete
  9. Sorry you have to pause. Anytime you have a free minute, jot down an idea. That way when you have time to write again, you will have all those notes to remind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good idea, Alex. I've got a small thing of post it notes I can take with me :-)

      Delete
  10. Forever and always here for you, Angela. You are one of my longest and dearest blogging friends. 'Ups and downs shall come, and we will stand as one.' Take care and do what you need to do. If anyone understands that it's me after the year and a half I've had. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some things going from left to right and every direction imaginable! You are a strong one, enduring through it all while still sharing a smile for others. Hugs!!!!

      Delete
  11. I took time off from writing from about 2003-2008. I joked at the time that I was in the "research phase" of my life but it's actually true. We never really "waste time." We're always building the life experience we need to be better writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent way to view things, Stephanie. I truly appreciate your perspective.

      Delete
  12. I worry if I take on new regular tasks, I won't have time to do everything I want to. But no matter what happens, the urge to write won't go away completely. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re: the urge to write won't go away completely

      That's so very true :-)

      Delete
  13. Unfortunately, life must be tended to. But all those characters are yours and they'll find a place to perch until you have time to tell their story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perch they shall, or rather, have, though some are a little louder than others lol!

      Delete
  14. While I was employed, I found little time for writing. I'm a work-a-holic, and seriously enjoy overtime pay. Now that I'm unemployed, I find it hard to write because my focus is always distracted by life needs. I wish I had an income that allows me to stay home and write. (The ex husband refused to fully support me.)

    Its hard to have to juggle paying the bills and writing. I hope the situation is temporary and you can resume the writing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Re: I hope the situation is temporary and you can resume the writing again soon.

    Here, there be hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I worked full time and had to travel in my free time, I used to spend my lunch hours writing. I'd sit in my car with my laptop. It was nice to get away and do what I liked to do, even for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It will be so lucky if we all had a nice inheritance to live on to get us through until we become self-supporting writers. Alas, life happens and bills have to be paid. I myself currently use my lunch hour at work to write. As well as at night after the children's bedtime and on the weekends. I wish you luck in no longer being writing deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sales can be so fickle, rising and falling often with no discernible reason why. I've been where you are, went back to work, the whole nine yards. Hang in there and it will all come back around. We do not fail until we give up. The world will see your greatness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I look forward to seeing your name in the list of best sellers. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.