Monday, May 4, 2015

Beyond Writing

I love reading and writing. Both are things I'm really passionate about. When I'm not reading, I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm reading. If I'm not doing one of those (or the required 8 hours at work, being a mom, or keeper of the home), I'm catching up on a TV series or a movie I meant to watch when it first came out or premeired.
Now...
I've added Molly to the mix.
Meet Molly :-)
She's a chihuaua Chipmunk and I recently, well, adopted. Not like a visit the shelter kind of adoption. But rather this:
Coworker: You still looking for a dog?
Me: Er, um, sorta yeah maybe. (still not in a home with a backyard and fence so feeling iffy for a few reasons)
Coworker: Well, there's a dog that needs a home that can't move in with me b/c we got two already.
Me: Weeeeeeelllll...how about you send me a picture. I'll show it to my daughter and see what she thinks.

And that's how Molly ended up in the backseat of my car relaxing under a blanket. She's affectionate and loves to cuddle so she's fitting right on in with me and Chipmunk.

Hilarious moment: My ex comes to pick up Chipmunk for regular visits, you know, maintain a healthy father/daughter relationship. Molly happens to be territorial. So when the ex comes into our home, Molly gives him her best bark and growl. She sniffs his Timberland boots and follows him, barking here and there to express her "I don't like you yet." With her being all of nine pounds (and at a year and a half old, not set to grow anymore), and the ex somewhere close to three hundred pounds spread over six feet and four inches of height, you just had to laugh at the sight lol!

Do you have a pet (or pets)? What do you have? Any hilarious moments stand out for you? If you don't have one now, have you had a pet before?

33 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sweet dog. Yes, I have one too. It's my first and we got her a year before my husband died. She has been the best friend to me through all the challenges I've gone through and being alone so much now that I'm working at home. I'm SO glad to have a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about dogs and the way they're sensitive to being there when you really need a furbaby cuddle :-)

      Delete
  2. Molly is adorable. Enjoy her. Their lives are short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly is adorable. Since you have no yard, she's a perfect fit.
    Tell your ex if he's not careful she'll nip is ankles right off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny, Alex. As he walked and she barked, even he looked down at her and chuckled because she was serious lol!

      Delete
  4. Good for Molly, defending her new human pack member!

    I recently shared on my blog and on Facebook the encounter between my dog and cat (on the inside of the glass) with a bold squirrel (on the outside of the glass). You probably saw the pix. Hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That squirrel looked ready for anything lol!

      Delete
  5. Hi, Angela,

    Since I have no fence and no yard space, a dog is out of the question. Yup, I can imagine how funny Molly and the ex would look with her being defending her territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defnitely one that had me giggling :-)

      Delete
  6. Aw, so glad you rescued Molly and gave her a forever home. She looks like a sweetie. We have a dog and a cat - we've downsized from a horse, dog, cat, guinea pigs, mice and bird, lol. We would have had to move to a farm soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm understanding more and more why having a pet is such a joy.

      Delete
  7. Funny visual with the ex. Glad you found yourself a fierce guard dog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! She might be only able to nip them at the ankles, but she'll let an intruder know they aren't welcome :-)

      Delete
  8. Funny visual with the ex. Glad you found yourself a fierce guard dog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the visual image of her protecting her people. Dogs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! She's adorable. I have four pets, two dogs and two cats, but mine are all old and grumpy. I love them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! A puppy and just the right size and everything. The EX had better be on good behavior or his Timberland boots will be in jeopardy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly is adorable! Wow, just wait and see how much Molly enters your writing. There are going to be a zillion stories of how she made you laugh or how she did something so unbelievable... Your life is forever enriched with this addition to your family. You both a very lucky. I'm a big believer in dogs finding their way to us because they are meant to be with us. Destiny, sort of. Yeah. Can't wait to hear more about Molly. Congrats.
    (to answer your question: I have two greyhounds, Picasso & Luca. And I had 6 before them, plus a foster). Dog is God spelled backward. There's a reason for that! :)
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sneaky suspicion you're right on all counts :-)

      Delete
  13. D'awwwww How adorable! <3
    I have 3 Scottish Fold cats, but you already knew that! :P
    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Caring For My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Caturday pics. Watching them play with that new toy you review was fun as well :-)

      Delete
  14. Hello Molly and welcome! We have a rescue Malti-Poo. He's now part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. A Malti-Poo sounds like an adorable mix :-)

      Delete
  15. Molly is adorable. I had a cat for twelve years whom I recently lost to cancer. She was a wonderful companion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my condolences on your loss. Furfriends are like family so no surprise she was a wonderful companion.

      Delete
  16. My current kitty is a real hilarious guy. Always racing at everything - legs as you're walking, his food, the litter box. He falls and gets kicked (accidentally) a lot. Someday this fat chick is gonna land on him as he streaks between my feet. Baring a squishing (all his own fault) he should be the last cat I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know it's not just dogs that do that. Molly can run and find herself getting accidentally tapped by a passing ankle cause she moves so fast sometimes lol!

      Delete
  17. You already know about my menagerie. It just keeps growing.

    I think it's sweet Molly has already assumed the role of protector. She knows you and and Chipmunk are her charges and she'll do her best to protect you. Dogs don't understand how big (or small) they are. They think they can tackle anyone.

    Who has she attached herself more to, you or Chipmunk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly is a darling. As for who she has attached her herself to more, well, I'm surprised it's me. I expected her and Chipmunk to be thick as thieves. Although Molly certainly plays with Chipmunk, Molly will find her way to me and cuddles with me far more than I expected lol!

      Delete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.