Wednesday, June 3, 2015

IWSG - It's Okay

It's the first Wednesday of the month. Time for IWSG, a chance to commisserate in some of the not-so-great things going on in our writing journeys. It helps soooooo much when you know you aren't alone. Or perhps you have a word of encouragement of some good news to share. Whatever is happening, you can click here to check out the deets of this awesome group and to navigate to other blogs on this list.

For those feeling the impact of trying to balace work-life-writing, and work and life seem to be vying for "which is worse," it's okay if writing has to take a step back for a moment. Your daughter, son, wife, husband, family member or best friend deserve your attention - especially if chocolate is involved.

It's okay if you have to adjust your goals for the current year.

It's okay that the first draft makes you question your ability to tell a good start. They're supposed to be ROUGH.

Yes, it will be okay :-)

12 comments:

  1. It's good to be reminded of that. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it will be all right in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just because your path becomes skewed doesn't mean you won't get something equally wonderful and fulfilling. Wrong turns and bad starts is just life giving you other options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being flexible to adjust your goals is so important. I wasn't when I began writing. I've learned I have to be and that it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently had a face a situation of "It's okay that ..." I've been asked not to elaborate publicly, and I won't, but it was a big disappointment. However, it was completely outside my realm of control, so as much as I'm tempted to look on it as a failure -- and a failure to reach a specific goal for this past year -- I should not.

    "It's okay that something I couldn't control didn't go the way I wanted."

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so true, Angela! We all have to make adjustments from time to time, and it's okay, even if we'd rather do things the way we want to do instead of have to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder. I always need it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice and bring on the chocolate!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is good to be reminded. =) I think my break is over. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree. No one is super human no matter how hard we try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good advice, and cool that you are taking your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the reminder! Things aren't going to be perfect all the time, or any of the time, but we still just do our best.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.