Monday, June 29, 2015

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

...life isn't ruled and bracketed by things black and white, where feelings and emotions about a matter exist and coexist in differences without name-calling, shaming, damning all to hell if they disagree, and prophesying the coming of the END. Like a book, no matter how short or long, the END cometh without aid of world events, big or small, no matter how inhumanely catastrophic or how nicely we pretend to play in the sandbox.

After what I've seen in the last couple of weeks, I'm sad yet pretty sure we're not somewhere over the rainbow. I'm not sure where we are. But I have to accept progress has certainly been made since I'm not constitutionally considered only 3/5ths a human being. I have a job and am marginally keeping up with daily life (marginally meaning I really need to stop spending more than I bring in to my home lol!!!). And there are plenty of examples of born "supposed to be enemies" sharing the love, like here - meet Toffee. It's a short video that may tickle your funny bone and even your heart.

I'm going to go love on my 9 pounds of cray-cray - that would be Molly my dog. She got spayed this weekend and was none too pleased I had her coned to keep her from messing with her stitches.

How's your Monday going?

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It's really sad we're not over the rainbow yet. And there has been way too much disturbing news of how terribly wrong we're doing things in our country with all the violence and hatred. We have to be our own little lights of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. News shows love to focus on the negative. I know there are good things going on, I know there is hope. Today I woke up, and my husband is still breathing too. The morning sky is beautiful and there are flowers in the garden. Life is good. It's what we make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what, God is in control. That's all I have to say. But I have to agree that a lot of peeps are going about a lot of things the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we'll survive, I do think the world is getting better- though the news is doing their best to cause as much derision as they can. It's fun to paint us all in black and white- this side vs that side, but we need to remember- at the crux of every debate are human beings. And the name calling on both sides. I think everyone could use bigger ears, smaller mouths, and better history lessons.

    I totally want my income to beat my outgoing. It's like there is a hole in my wallet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The media has lost all credibility with me since they started "sharing their perspective" instead of just reporting the facts.

    The bottom line is people are people. Good and bad. Ignorant and wise. Sometimes all four at the same time.

    All I can be sure of is that my dogs love me and that's all that matters to me.

    As for my Monday....I got bitten 4 times by some %$#@& spider while I slept. The bites itch like crazy. I hope that little beast got squished during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only love and respect were enough to keep people in this world at peace. Someday, maybe it will be. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know what to say to you about that 3/5ths law. It was asinine. That we still have race discrimination is asinine. It's ignorance. I hate that you, one of the loveliest and kindest souls I know, have to deal with race discrimination. You are 100% a beautiful human being (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.obatna.com/jenis-makanan-yang-dapat-mengatasi-sembelit-ibu-hamil.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. always trying without giving up and embarrassment , continue to fight as long as we can maintain it :)

    Jenis makanan yang dapat mengatasi sembelit

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.