Wednesday, July 1, 2015

IWSG - Take Two Steps

It's the first day of the month and it's Insecure Writer's Support Group day. Click here for the deets and to visit others sharing in this monthly anticipated day.

Take Two Steps -
This is been the way I've refrained from disappearing from the writing world altogether.

Take Two Steps -
This has been the encouraging mantra I tell myself to focus on my writing passion even when I have to step away from the writing to deal with life.

Take Two Steps -
This has been how any progress made so far has occurred at all.

I'm almost done with one of my first drafts that I started this year. That's my two steps for the time being, a bit off when I consider...
 - By this time in 2012, I was prepraring to publish my finished Neverlove and debut as a YA author.
 - By this time in 2013 I was done with 4 different novels and novellas, had one novella published and preparing to publish the next 2 works.
 - By this time in 2014, I'd written and published 4 short stories, had another novel length MS complete, and was prepping to re-release another novel.

Take Two Steps - and like Dory says in Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming."

What's your Take Two Steps?

9 comments:

  1. Yes, just take the steps you can. Different times of life are different as to what we can and can't do with our writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My steps are barely perceptible. But you almost have a first draft done and it's only June, so I'd say you're doing all right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking small steps and the steps that we are capable of doing at the time can make a big difference in the long run.

    Congrats on getting closer to the end of your first draft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might be a slow year for you, but just keep taking those steps and moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each year is different for me. I sometimes have a lot going on or a little publishing-wise, although I'm always writing. My goals and personal deadlines shift all the time. I do like to see progress, whether it's big or small. It keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking steps for me means taking steps AWAY from the computer. My husband has pointed out that I'm driving myself too obsessively since I started writing full time, and depression takes hold when things don't go my way. So my two steps are -- toward my bike, the pool, the treadmill -- and toward the cookbooks -- maybe even toward some paintbrushes and wall paint, because house projects can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed you take two steps at a time. There are times I can manage one, and then I still have to stop for a breath. Keep up those good two steps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed you take two steps at a time. There are times I can manage one, and then I still have to stop for a breath. Keep up those good two steps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you are able to give yourself pep talks. While taking those steps, perhaps don't compare yourself now to your past self. Life has moved on, and changed for you. But you are still writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.