Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday Mixer

A few things to share...just because.

1. Today marks the beginning of school for my Chipmunk. She's a sixth grader now, bottom of the food chain at her middle school. I feel she'll do well, but Mom is here if she needs anything :-)

2. Writing is happening and that makes me happy. I have a few projects going:
TCOBAS - contemporary YA romance
Ripped Ties II - YA urban fantasy dystopian, follow up to Beacon
Fable Ranger II - MG fairy tale mashup, follow up to FABLE RANGER: SUMMONS
DOBB - Rayven Godchild erotic romance, in revision stage
Possible book cover idea for TCOBAS (Source)
3. Life is getting busier. Although I am writing, it may slow a tad as I'm taking on a part-time gig. 

4. Still trying to decide if I want to love Scrivener. It's very cool having all my reference items and chapters in one place where I can click from source to source right there in the application. But it's the "change" that I have to get used to.

Here's a virtual dessert. Whether you love strawberries or chocolate, you can indulge to start your week off right. If you like both then dive into the double-enjoyment lol!
So what's the new haps in your writing or reading world? Have you tried Scrivener? Any thoughts?

10 comments:





  1. Glad you're getting some writing in. I loved the little bit I read of your MG story. Good luck to Chipmunk with middle school. I bet she'll do great. You too as she grows up.







    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a sixth grader too! I'm right there with you. My youngest will be starting sixth grade on Wednesday. Yup, bottom of the food chain at junior high. I still can't believe my last of four is in junior high. Best of luck to your daughter and for you to get more writing in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for school! Best of luck to you and Chipmunk. :) You're a busy woman with all those projects. I'm just finishing up a new erotic paranormal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Chipmunk has a great first day!
    And that's a lot of things you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you do it all?! And then a part time gig? Oh, to be young again. LOL!

    re: Chipmunk
    I can remember when you'd tell me about your baby and now she's half grown. Time flies.

    re: Scrivener
    I have Scrivener too. I still haven't used it. It's great for organizing, but my methods work fine with Word. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing your daughter a fun year with friends and good learning! And it's great to hear about all of your writing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your daughter has a great school year. Scrivener: I can't get used to it. Went back to my old ways. Writing: good that your writing despite the busy-ness. I'm plugging along, too. My biggest issue as of late is energy. Maybe I just need to eat strawberries with chocolate to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little girl is a cutie. She looks like she has the perfect amount of ornery and spunk to rule the world, or at least the 6th grade.

    That's a beautiful picture. It would grab my eye on a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet does she look! The dessert pales by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to your daughter! I am sure she will do well!

    I like Scrivener for keeping all my notes, timelines, references, and story ideas in one place. But I absolutely cannot write drafts in that program. *shudders* I need Word to actually compose the manuscript.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.