Monday, August 17, 2015

Writing, Support and #RealmsFaire

Being a writer can be a solitary path, one filled with early mornings or late nights fiddling with story outlines and plots, typing said story, banging your head against nearby solid objects from frustrations, drinking a bit of bubbly to celebrate breakthroughs, and pinching yourself when you reach that phantasm of a thing called The End.

At this point, if you don't have a support system in place, it's DEFINITELY time to build one. It can be as simple as having one or two friends you can trust to provide honest feedback on your work or as complicated as a tunneling system of alpha readers, beta readers, early proofreaders, later proofreaders et al.

In addition to this, I recommend another support system. It's something I noticed debuting authors, like The Apocalypsies of 2012 and the Lucky 13's of 2013 doing. They banded together, offered helpful information and shared in the wonder of releasing their novels into the world.

I'm very blessed to be part of Untethered Realms, a small band of speculative fiction writers. There's tons of talent that I'm so lucky to be around. This year, in particular, has been a difficult year where their support has been so helpful in me keeping what bit of sanity I still have. And I had a dunce moment where I scheduled a post and left it in draft so I am making sure to share the #RealmsFaire news here. Yes, #RealmsFaire is back and things are rolling, but they can speed faster and better with YOUR help. So click here to check out more about #RealmsFaire and why YOU should hop on board this train.

8 comments:

  1. UR is an awesome group! :) Can't wait for RF this year. It's going to be huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what makes the IWSG so awesome. And the smaller group of my IWSG admins.
    All ready for the Faire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have a supportive group that you can count on. You've got some of the best, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up. I have a crit group that meets in person, and I don't know if I could do it without them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I'd do without my CPs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm..critters areally the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your group sounds very supportive and that is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm definitely doing Realms Faire!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.