Wednesday, September 2, 2015

IWSG - Things to come

The first Wednesday of the month brings with it a special something. It's time for the IWSG posts to be shared across the blogosphere. You can commisserate in a fail, disappointment or a bit of disgruntlement. Maybe you'd like to encourage with words of motivation and determination. Click here to check out the list of other IWSG bloggers. Visit and comment and woo sah.

Today, I have to admit I'm not in a bad place.

It's been a tough year with goals tossed to the wayside by a bit of that roller coaster that is life. Procrastination dressed itself like a delicious dessert of Death by Chocolate, of which I consumed far too much. And my passion for writing was put to the test.

So after all that, I'm glad to say I'm not in a bad place.

I did a lot of reading during many of my troubling times. I added to my writing craft knowledge by purchasing and devouring a few helpful materials. And my passion for writing was renewed and regenerated, energized by returning to the roots of what I loved most: the act and art of story telling.

Yeah, not in a bad place. And I'm looking forward to things to come.

What's the haps in your reading or writing world?

16 comments:

  1. Glad you can feel good about your challenging times and that you're energized to write. I've been reading more too. I just started reading a bit of adult books after a long time of only reading MG and YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a bad reader lately, but still plugging away at revisions on my latest. Things could be better, but they could be far worse. So. There's that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your passion has been renewed. I think we need these times; you know, the whole growth-int-the-valley biblical idea. I do believe it works, painfully at times, but it works. I've been climbing up from my current valley for about a month now. I'm almost at the top. Not there yet, but I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Passion in writing ebbs and flows in all of us. Glad you've eaten all the chocolate and saved me. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good! Sometimes we need to pause and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Sometimes we go through these bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently Procrastination came to my house wearing the exact same outfit. I had no choice but to indulge.
    So glad your passion for writing has returned and you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear this. You've struggled too much this year. Must be the extra kid snuggles and doggie kisses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the passion returned. I also read during those times when I'm too busy or not inspired enough to write.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy the passion returned. You are a warrior! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for being in a better place with writing! Sometimes time off--even if it's unplanned--is just what we need to find our passion for writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you weathered the procrastination storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah. Procrastination, I know it well. Glad you're in a better place and found solace in reading - something I've done a lot of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah. Procrastination, I know it well. Glad you're in a better place and found solace in reading - something I've done a lot of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in a decent place too. Now that I am teaching again, though, I need to really boundary off my writing time.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.