Monday, October 5, 2015

Syn-sational Monday!

Credit Thinkstock.com
Yes, this delicious ice cream cake is a must. Please enjoy your fill as I share the news I hinted at in my last post.

Ready?

Still licking chocolate from your fingers? That's fine. I'm so excited to share a few things that have happened in my writing life. Before that, let's take a very short journey recapping what 2015 has been like.

In January, I started strong, so strong in fact that I put together a Goals Poster and plastered that baby on my wall to encourage me everyday in making some very huge goals happen. I was stoked. Amp'd. Feeling fearless.

Then life happened. It does that sometimes, toss a monkey wrench into things and jack everything up.

My Goals Poster was nearly ripped down, but I kept it up, reminding myself that sometimes, goals need an adjustment. Mines ended up in an overhaul. There were moments where that poster seemed to smirk at me in mockery, aided by the procrastination that I couldn't shake, no matter how hard I tried.

But, yeah, that poster stayed. In the days, weeks, and months leading to summer, reading and doing the occasional prompt writing helped me turn that mockery into hope. And in the summer, hope moved to action. There was a lot of praying and being honest with myself while all of this was going on.
*Being honest that I love writing and sharing my stories too much to even consider the idea of quitting.
*Being honest that things may not always go my way, but that's okay.
*Being honest that any additional success I experience as a writer and author won't come from sitting on the sidelines and grumbling at the obstacles life has presented.
*Being honest that, even though I'm strong enough to deal with the challenges, it's a blessing to have family and friends I can lean on.

So after a summer of getting back into the groove of things, autumn brings wonderful change in the trees as well as my writing career.

Beacon, my YA urban fantasy dystopian published by Evernight Teen, is now available in print. You can get your copy via Createspace or Amazon.

#Pit2Pub 2015 was something I decided to participate in at the last minute. Dianne Salerni, fantastic author of The Eighth Day series, provided me with some excellent notes to improve my MG fairy tale mash up, FABLE RANGER: SUMMONS. After implementing the revisions into the story, I took a chance and hopped into the #Pit2Pub fray. I was happy with the interest shown, but was most happy with the response I received from the small press Dingbat Publishing. Now I'm part of the team. I look forward to sharing more as we progress along the publishing process :-)

For those of you interested, be sure to keep up with the #Pit2Pub 2016 haps by clicking here. And for any who enter, I wish you the very best.

And...

Last, but certainly not least, there's movement on the Rayven Godchild front. I signed with Syn Publishing to release my erotic romance DEGREES OF BEING BOSS. This is one of those things that's been in the making for a while so I'm glad to reach this wonderful moment. Rayven Godchild also has an Amazon Author page. I would be ever so grateful if you clicked here to follow.

That's what's happening in my world. Please share in the comments what's going on in yours :-)

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your great news, Angela. So excited your MG book is getting published. It sounds fantastic from the little bit I read on WriteOnCon. So excited for that you having some good news and good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's great news!

    I'm so glad things are moving forward again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Angela! Sounds like you're getting things accomplished despite "life" happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Sometimes we just have to re-adjust the timeline of our goals rather than adjust the goals themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YAY! I am so happy that my notes helped you out. (And also happy that you went back to the original title!) Congratulations and best of luck as you move forward in your publication process!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny. Because when I post a goal poster something always happens, too. So I roll with life and write in between the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've kept at it, Angela. Congrats! And congrats on your next publication.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've kept at it, Angela. Congrats! And congrats on your next publication.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're really making progress in your writing career, even if some of the goals have changed. Keep it up Angela. Good luck with the Rayven publications.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I feel you on wanting to rip down the goals poster, but you've got some great things going because of it!! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.