Wednesday, November 4, 2015

IWSG and Redemption


Click here for deets on this fantastic group!
It may seem odd, but I actually look forward to the first Wednesday of the month. IWSG'ers unite under the above banner to support, uplift, commiserate in our insecurities, and generally make each and every one of us remember that in this struggle of writing life, we are not alone in our battles.

For me, I'm still in a bit of a multi-directional big bang moment adjusting to my new paying gig. Having been there for just a couple of days, everything is still so new and chaotic. Although I'm a big fan and supporter of NaNoWriMo, I'm glad I decided not to participate this year. There's only so much a person can do.

Speaking of only so much you can do, I'm glad I squeezed in a wonderful read. Author Jessica Therrien has released the third book in her Children of the Gods series, Redemption.
About Redemption
Lead Council member, Christoph, is dead by Elyse’s hand, and Descendants have begun to emerge, exposing their secret to the world. Some see this as the prophecy come to fruition, but the prophecy caries a heavy consequence. It was never meant to be as peaceful as most had hoped.

Humans and Descendants struggle to live together in a world that isn’t ready for such a change. America is divided. Those who glorify the supernatural race believe Descendants truly are the gods they claim relation to. Others see them as a threat.

When Elyse gives birth to the next generation oracle, she sees one final vision—war. The destruction of the country’s major cities, and the end of America as we know it.

After her daughter is born, Elyse finds herself without the ability she needs to predict the future. Desperate to save the world from such conflict, she puts her faith in the hope that Descendants are the key to survival. After all, they have the power to supply a broken society with the means to survive.

Only from the ashes can a new world be born.

My Review
*Redemption is the third book in the Children of the Gods series, a great follow up to Oppression (book one) and Uprising (book two). In trying to keep this as a spoiler free review, it can get hard. I want to talk about all the wonderful scenes that left me gasping or the sudden twists that had me going OMG! The writing is fluid and it was hard to put my kindle down at times. But I eventually had to go to sleep or feed my kiddo dinner lol! Kudos to Jessica for this great novel :-)*

Have you gotten aboard the IWSG train? If not, anything in particular giving you pause? And make sure to click the book title links to hop on over to Amazon to get your copy of Jessica's books.

12 comments:

  1. I think you made a smart move not trying to do NaNo right when you're starting your new job. Hope it's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reason for not doing NaNo better than mine. "A new paying gig" is a worthy excuse that I wouldn't mind being able to say myself. I wish you well with it.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine trying to write 50K in a month with a full time job - nevermind kids/family. And certainly not a NEW job. I think you made a wise decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll simply ditto the two previous comments. Best of luck with your new paying gig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so relieved to get a novella done on time for its November 1 release, but now I realize the marketing is all up to me. That feels way heavier than meeting the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the new job is working out so far. You were smart to skip NaNo. Know when to say when.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the new job! Definitely not a time to start NaNo. I'm not doing it either - just now starting to find a balance with daily writing again and marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems you are finding some balance Angela. I am glad for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the job! Have a wonderful weekend. Congrats to Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to IWSG day too. It's nice to see the support and people talking about their insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not signed on to the IWSG train yet, though I have plenty of insecure moments. But I really do enjoy reading those posts.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.