Monday, November 2, 2015

New Adventures

Let's start this day with a snack:
Yep, something tasty, yummy, and comforting to help me with this day. There's something a little different about this Monday. Something new.

The truth is that every day we wake to breathe, move, laugh, and live is a day of newness. A new chance to right a wrong. A new chance to smile and make your own day brighter while shining a bit of hope into the lives of others around you.

But today's "new" is different...because I'm starting a new job.

I'd been with my previous employer for 14 years. Not a long time compared to some, but an active time filled with highs, lows, a marriage, a divorce, and relocations. I liken the time spent to that of an author who's written and published a series of novels from a world they developed - practically lived in - for many years. Now they are leaving that place of comfort to face the blank page of a whole new world.

It's exciting.

It's challenging.

It's scary...

But...it's time, and I'm ready.

Has there been any "newness" sparking for you recently? What's your advice for facing new adventures?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job, Angela! How exciting! Hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Big step. Prayers it's the best thing for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job! I'm excited for you. My husband started a new job last month after being at his last job for 14 years too. He had stress dreams for a few weeks, but he found the new environment so much more relaxed than his last job, so he's really happy with it now. Just step right in and trust yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big change. Good luck and good times in your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to face writing "in a new world" with "new characters" after spending the last 3 years writing a series that became so vivid to me that the characters were practically members of the family.

    It's hard. I look at the strangers on the fresh page and feel distant from them. I want to close the gap ... and the best way I can do that is to force myself to write until I know them better.

    Sometimes it helps to go back to the earliest draft of the very first book in the series so that I can say, "Wow, I didn't know these people either when I first started writing." That helps me gain perspective, but feeling invested in the new project? That is still going to take time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and good luck with the new job, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always exciting to start something new that you feel really ready for and positive about. Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new job! Like Karen said, it's exciting to start something new. You're such a breath of fresh air, you'll make friends quickly and hit the ground running.

    They're lucky to get you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! My advice is always to take a deep breath once in a while to keep from being overwhelmed. Starting something new always brings new difficulties, but great opportunities as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is exciting - and scary! I hope you love your new job and meet lots of nice people :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.