Wednesday, December 2, 2015

IWSG and Ninja Alex

It's the first Wednesday of the month so you know what that means: IWSG. Time to air out some of those insecurities. Well, before I do, I want to make sure you know to click here to review the deets for IWSG and to visit other participants.

Now, on to my insecurity:
With DEGREES OF BEING BOSS releasing soon, this is sooooooo very true. But not only is it true for this release, it's a true feeling about all my books. Although I am passionate about the writing and really enjoy putting the final product together and making it available to the public, I am a total ruin when it comes to marketing. I will sing to the mountain tops about other people's books (that's a hint to what's coming next in a bit lol!!) but not my own. That is something I really need to work on.
Preorder #DOBB: Amazon | KoboAll Romance ebook

Speaking of screaming from the mountaintops about someone else's story, Ninja Alex has some great news!

CassaStar, the first book in the Cassa trilogy by Alex J. Cavanaugh, is on sale through December 5 for just .99 cents on Amazon

CassaStar by Alex J. Cavanaugh – Amazon Best Seller!
Science fiction - space opera/adventure
EBook ISBN 978-0-9827139-3-8 Reg. $2.99 – now just .99 cents!

About CassaStar
To pilot the fleet’s finest ship…

Few options remain for Byron. A talented but stubborn young man with a troubled past and rebellious attitude, his cockpit skills are his only hope. Slated to train as a Cosbolt fighter pilot, Byron is determined to prove his worth and begin a new life as he sets off for the moon base of Guaard.

Much to Byron’s chagrin the toughest instructor in the fleet takes notice of the young pilot. Haunted by a past tragedy, Bassa eventually sees through Byron's tough exterior and insolence. When a secret talent is revealed during training, Bassa feels compelled to help Byron achieve his full potential.

As war brews on the edge of space, time is running short. Byron requires a navigator of exceptional quality to survive, and Bassa must make a decision that could well decide the fate of both men. Will their skills be enough as they embark on a mission that may stretch their abilities to the limit?

“…calls to mind the youthful focus of Robert Heinlein’s early military sf, as well as the excitement of space opera epitomized by the many Star Wars novels. Fast-paced military action and a youthful protagonist make this a good choice for both young adult and adult fans of space wars.” - Library Journal

 Please feel free to share this wonderful news!

Tweet-
Amazon Best-Seller CassaStar by Alex J. Cavanaugh on sale for .99 cents http://www.amazon.com/CassaStar-Alex-J-Cavanaugh/dp/0981621066  #99cents #scifi

So, have you gotten your copy of CassaStar or pre-order #DOBB? What are you feeling insecure about today? Go on, the seat is yours for the sharing.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for promoting my book's sale! You rock.
    I know the please buy my book feeling. Even worse, it could wind up in a landfill with all those Atari games they recently dug up. (When the company went out of business, they dumped their stock in a landfill. What a waste, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing title, Angela. Do let us know when it's being launched. Sounds like something I would like to add to my TBR list. Have a fantastic Christmas and thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I've been out of the book writing game for a while I can stand back and see where I went wrong.

    When we're writing we prefer to stay in our group--specifically other authors, hoping to glean some insight from them. I should've instead gone to the very forums, cons, and online sites where people talk about the stuff I like to read.

    We need our author friends, but we also need to hang with the fans of the stuff we love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about book sales!!! I have a Re-release coming out on Dec. 19th too!!!

    Wishing you great success!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela! I think most authors have a hard time screaming about our books. We don't want readers and friends to stop following us because that's all we talk about. Congrats on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Maria's comment. I realize I need to expand my circle beyond my writer friends and doing that is scary but necessary. Good luck with BOSS - I hope it will get tons of sales for Christmas! Seems like a fun stocking stuffer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no easy way to market our own books. It's just all around uncomfortable.

    Today, I'm attending a teachers' in-service class as a local author. They invited me in to talk about writing, and they encouraged me to bring my books along in case people wanted to buy them.

    Even with that invitation, I will feel like a dweeb showing up at the meeting with a suitcase filled with books. It feels ... presumptuous and shameful somehow. Like I have to apologize for bringing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marketing and sales. Yikes! Your book is awesome. I hope tons of readers discover that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the pressure you must feel and admire for publishing even knowing the pressure will come. Hopefully, with time, you can find the things you like to do with marketing and focus on those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the feeling, Angela! Why is it that it's so much easier to sing the praises of another's books than our own???!!! But I know your books are awesome and I'm sure you'll be surprised and delighted by your sales! The holidays are coming after all, and what better gifts than a great read?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can sing the praises of other books all day long and yet, still feel a little insecure about my own. Wishing you the best with the sales - I'm sure it'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Alex! I still have to read the first one. I'm so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The marketing concept beats me up too. You have done well in that area though, I've seen your books advertised everywhere :)

    Stay sane Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I just pre-ordered mine if that assuages your anxiety a little :) I'm getting more into erotica. After all, it's my job as a feminist, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We all hate tooting our own horns, Angela. Well, most of us, anyways. Those other people, I don't know what planet they're from ;) I wish you so much luck on DOBB. It's a great read and a great story. If my blog wasn't YA, you know I'd host it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.