Wednesday, January 6, 2016

IWSG and We

It's the first Wednesday of the month and you know what that means.

That's right! It's time for Insecure Writer's Support Group where we visit blogs and share in inspiration or share in an insecure moment. For all the deets and the linky list to travel the blogosphere to other IWSGers, click here.

AND make sure to stop by the Insecure Writer's Support group blog page for the announcement of the winners of the IWSG Anthology Contest.

Now...
You may not have noticed, but I did not do a 2015 round up. No plans to do so. It shall simply be the year of which we survived and are here to try this again. So to those who had a wonderful 2015, I salute you with chocolate.

credit to ThinkStock.com
For those of us who'd rather keep 2015 in the past where it belongs, here's a little extra to help in shaking off some of the dust 2015 kicked up knocking you around throughout the year.
credit to ThinkStock.com

Let's move forward and upward. Many thanks to the power of "we" with groups like IWSG to keep the occasionally disheartened like me on the writing path. And I hope to have some news to share regarding one of my writing projects soon.

What about you? Any particular insecurities you'd like to leave behind in 2015?

16 comments:

  1. The power of 'we' is what gets us through every year, hopefully a little wiser. :)

    Happy 2016! May it bring us all many 'We' moments. :)

    Shah

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, yes. I salute you, too. It was a rough year, and if we search the internet it seems lots of folk feel that way. Good thing another year is beginning. :) All the best to you in 2016, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much for looking back either.

    As for insecurities, I've kept the same ones all my life. Much as I would like to be free of them, I think it's because of them that I am who I am.

    Sometimes the thing that holds you back is the thing that makes you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not looking back. It'll just take me a bit to get over the first hump of this new year, but then I'll be rolling. :) Here's to a wonderful year for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember the last year-end round-up I've done. 2015 was such a great year for me that I couldn't fit all the good things in a simple blog post and besides rounding up stuff means researching and remembering and that sounds like work. I'll join you in the chocolate.

    All the best in the coming year!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't matter what happened last year. This year is the one that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of moving upward and forward. I'm definitely into doing that. Happy New Year! Hope it's a fantastic one for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The power of "We" is great in IWSG.

    "Move onward and upward" should be the rule for 2016. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that chocolate looks YUMMY. The online community is amazing. It's great knowing we all are in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, chocolate... what were we talking about? ;) Here's to moving forward! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. Let's shake the 2015 dust off our shoes and move on and eat lots of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2015 was a pretty good year for me, but extremely unproductive as far as my writing goes - here's to a happy and productive 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for chocolate! Sorry 2015 was so rough for you. If it makes you feel better, I started your erotica the other night and it's super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stop, you're making me hungry for Mudslides :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't grumble about 2015. Many good things happened and many more terrible things could have happened. So I count my blessings. Scrumptious pictures Angela. Wishing you all the best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hurray to the power of we, indeed!

    There were good things that happened in 2015, but there were also enough difficult adjustments and disappointments and deep evaluation of life goals that I'm okay with saying good-bye to last year and hello to the new!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.