Monday, March 21, 2016

Tip the Writetender

If you had a chance to listen to my last video, you'll know that Neverlove is something uniquely special because it was not only my debut novel as a young adult (YA) author, but it was also a huge step I took in sweeping away the dust and beginning the healing process on some things I'd avoided for far too long.

Heading in a lighter direction as far as topics for videos, I want to share a few creative writing tips. The first is this:

READ! A lot.

That is so paramount it can't be stressed enough. I also mention some craft books that would make excellent sources to turn to for beginners and those of us who've been around for a while. On my Youtube channel, I included the links to these books as well since I might have gotten an author name wrong during my ramble lol!

So check it out.

7 comments:

  1. I admit I haven't read as many craft books as I should, but I do read a variety of genres.
    You have a very rich voice, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big craft book reader either. But I read widely and editors are great assistants in the book writing process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been reading craft books lately, but some I've actually re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My internet has been playing footsies but I think I'm in (for now).

    I enjoy craft books. Some of my favorites has been Hooked by Les Edgerton.

    PS Glad Molly got co-starring credit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great day too, Angela. A great video and I love the new covers of the books. I love your voice and thanks for the inspirational chat. Hope to 'see' you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should read more craft books. I read maybe one or two a year. I read all sorts of genres though! :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super video!

    I guess I should read craft books, but I have so many other things to read and I'm not sure I want to follow other people's advice about how to write, so I don't. I do read stuff on promoting because--as anyone who knows me knows-I have zero info about that.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.