Wednesday, June 1, 2016

IWSG and a Better Place

The first Wednesday of the month actually coincided with the first day of the month. Kinda neat... well, at least to me lol! As the first Wednesday of the month, it is IWSG time, a time to hop from blog to blog to celebrate or provide supportive understanding. It's really helpful, especially since this writing gig can get pretty tough at times. Go here for deets and the linky list to visit more blogs.

As for me, I'm in a better place than the last IWSG post. My daughter's enthusiasm to read the next Fable Ranger book has become infectious and I can feel the return of my desire to spin a web with my fingertips and the keyboard. I think what has helped things was following a lot of the advice from my last post and letting go of the guilt of not writing everyday and letting go of some unrealistic expectations that were becoming excellent festering places for doubt.

What about you, where are you at with your writing or reading project(s)?

15 comments:

  1. Great to hear, Angela!! So pleased, you have the 'feel good' factor! May it continue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that your daughter is a fan of your work Angela. I'm about to participate in both Bunowrimo and Junowrimo so my writing stage is: CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're inspired to write book 2 in your series and even better, not being so hard on yourself. I'm focused on writing more for my job so I make more money and starting to work on my 2017 blog schedule and updating agent spotlights in July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're inspired for the next one. Let her enthusiasm continue to motivate you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for being in a better place! I'm struggling, but that's due to having a hard time sitting. Darn car accident. Anyhow, I'm sending cheese your way to keep those fingers churning out epicness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful that your daughter is into your stories! May she continue to be your muse and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think D will be telling those stories to her daughter one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the right person with the right comment about our work makes us excited to keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No reason to feel guilty. We can only do what we can do. Glad you found some infectious motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome news about your daughter! I'm glad you found some motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so great your daughter wants to read your next book! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm getting behinder and behinder, but letting go of some of the impossible demands I make on myself. Glad you're getting back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we all need to let go of unrealistic expectations!! It would make life less stressed. Have a good summer, Angela. And good luck on your next writing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so cool that your Chipmunk likes Fable Rangers! That's pure motivation right there. But don't be too hard on yourself to produce. Do what you can. Anything that moves you forward is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is hard to shut down the shoulds in our heads and just be content with what we have done and can do.

    Awesome that your daughter can enjoy your books. That's really special. I have my grandmother's poetry and it means the world to me. I figure if I leave no legacy other than books for my grandchildren, I've accomplished something.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.