Monday, July 25, 2016

Energized by Memories

This picture was taken with my Chipmunk a few summers ago, 2013. It was the year of adventure. Earlier that year, she and I lucked up on taking a trip to Universal Studios with a few friends, then we went to California to visit family and Disneyland during a summer trip. Later that year was the IRC - Indie Romance Convention - in Tennessee...which I thoroughly enjoyed and met some wonderful authors and readers.

It was the year I released Frailties of the Bond, Atone, and They All Fall Down (Shadow Jumpers II). Looking back, I'm not sure how I did it all: writing, self-publishing, traveling, social media presence, working full time, being a single mom. Sleep happened in their somewhere lol!

I'm glad for pictures like this one that remind me of what is possible.

Through this and many other memories, I am energized to pick up the pace. I may not return to the beast-mode schedule I was pushing at that time, but I'm feeling it again, that joy from writing a story I really want to share. Especially the one I'm working on. I've got a 10 month deadline according to that grinning cutie in the picture. And I don't want to disappoint her.

Any memories you can recall to energize you? Are you already energized? What do you have going on in your reading and/or writing world?


7 comments:

  1. I remember that photo.
    Sometimes we look back and wonder how we made it all happen. Somehow, we did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad this has energized you. I can think of many times I was so busy that I can't believe I accomplished what I did. Good luck with your deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed when I read D put you on a deadline. If you miss it, there will be no cookies for you.

    I'm not particularly energized right now because of a recurring problem with my equilibrium. I never know when it's going to hit and when it does, all I can do is stay still so the room doesn't circle so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing!! Certainly been blessed with positive energy and a gorgeous daughter. Continue to live life to its full, Angela. AND don't forget to breathe and sleep - make time somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great memory:) My inspiring memories definitely revolve around my kids...although those memories don't always give me energy;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your daughter is helping you manage your writing career. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very fortunate to be able to visit your page. You can also find interesting information about health here. The one of it is tips mencerahkan kulit wajah

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.