But in the spirit of our misquoted, "Play it again, Sam", I wanted to list a few movies that I would put down my book to watch again and again and again:
1. Tombstone - Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp and Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. I'm, admittedly, not a big fan of Westerns, but tell me this movie is coming on and I'm popping a bag of popcorn and hunkering down for pistol slinging, gambling and bringing justice with a righteous vengeance. I crushed on Val Kilmer so hard because of this movie. But don't tell anyone, make it our little secret.
2. All three Matrix movies -Yes. All three. Some people didn't get into the second and third installments but I enjoyed them. Of course, the first movie blew my mind beyond belief. Serious WOWness through the whole movie.
3. The Color Purple - I know what happens at the end. I've seen this movie dozens of times. Do I cry? YES. Every single time. Ridiculous, I know. But I can't help it.
4. Lord of the Rings trilogy - Do I really have to explain? I mean, seriously, it's LOTR.
5. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (original title Wo hu cang long) - swordplay, martial arts, forbidden love, revenge, tension from love long overdue. This movie gripped me and has since refused to let me go. I'm okay with that.
So what about you, know of a quote that is often misquoted or perhaps a favorite movie of your own?