- I've done paid ads with various mailing lists
- Facebook ads
- Facebook parties
- Blog hops
- Book blog tours, including the extremely fun one Gwen Gardner and I planned, plotted, and put on as Partners in ParanormYA. Good times!!
- Started my own mailing list
- I have a permafee book, Frailties of the Bond, for anyone to try.
- Cross-promotion with other authors
- Tried joining a few groups on Goodreads to be an interactive author with readers instead of the screaming "Buy my book" author. Maybe I should have tried the screaming method??
Any-who, the point being, I've got a few titles out in the world (Neverlove, They All Fall Down, Beacon, Frailties of the Bond, Atone, anthologies with UR like Twisted Earths and Ghosts of Fire) but I'm not all that good at encouraging readers to check them out.
Maybe my writing just sucks? That could be it. I've got a few bad reviews I haven't been brave enough to read just yet lol!
Maybe my publishness journey is meant to be more complicated. One thing's for sure, I'm glad I didn't get into this with my mind only on making money.
I make stories. I make bridges for readers to escape. I hope I make someone's day with a good read.
How long this will be for, I don't know, but I finally made it on a bookstore shelf.
Fable Ranger: Summons, sitting on the shelf with other middle grade and young reader titles at Black World Books. A number of places I tried wouldn't carry any of my titles because they are print on demand. BWB provided me the option to do consignment and BAM! There Casey, Robin Hood, and Charlie-boy sit, hopefully, one bookstore purchase away from being a reader's next book to consume.
And since it's Monday, how about you enjoy this virtual treat :-)
|Credit to ThinkStock.com|